Contest is now closed!
It’s that time of year again! Halloween is probably my favorite “holiday” to celebrate. Also, I really enjoy watching the season change from a hot dry summer to a damp, cool fall accompanied by seeing the trees on fire as their leaves change color. The reds, golds, and oranges of the leaves as they float to the ground is certainly something every person should see themselves. 🙂
In addition to the Vintage Vixen collection this fall, China Glaze has also released the limited edition collection Awakening. This collection totally makes me think of the leaves falling, Halloween, cider mills, hay rides and haunted houses! Plus, I think you’ll all be amused by what CG decided to name each of them.
I was pretty pleased with these three polishes which all covered in about three coats (shown below with no top coat).
Ick-A-Body – I wondered how similar this was to last year’s Fortune Teller, but it’s quite a bit different. This polish was packed with orange glitter in what I thought was a black jelly base. However, it looks like the base is more of an olive-y jelly. This looks so unique and wonderfully like Halloween.
Mummy May I – Now this one was another one that I thought was just a colored glitter in a black jelly base. Boy, am I bad at this! I swatched this on some paper and saw for myself that this is actually a lovely, sparkley purple glitter in a deep purple that looks black after two layers. Love it!
Zombie Zest – Ok, this one was my absolute favorite of the bunch. Simply calling it green would be a horrible understatement. It’s a shimmery, mossy green w/ flashes of yellow and gold and even blue! However, I have heard that Zombie Zest is a dupe for SpaRitual’s Optical Illusion and Orly’s It’s Not Rocket Science from their Cosmic FX collection. Either way, if you can get your hands on any of these, it would be totally worth it!
See any you’re drooling after? Well, guess what?! I’m doing a giveaway! Can you guess for what? Oh, come on! You know this!
I’m giving away ONE set of the China Glaze Awakening collection.
One lucky winner will get a set of one bottle each of the following: Ick-A-body, Mummy May I, Zombie Zest and CG Fast Forward Top Coat (set is a total of four bottles of polish).
1. You must be a subscriber to my blog. The form to do so should be 2nd from the top on the sidebar to the left of the posts. (Sorry about the earlier GFC confusion. That was totally my fault! Thanks to everyone who powered through that and subscribed anyways.)
2. Please leave your email address in the comment. I’ll need a way to tell you that you’ve won!
These first two rules are mandatory and count as TWO ENTRIES.
3. TWEET about this giveaway. Please leave a link in the comment with the status address where you did this. ONE ENTRY.
4. BLOG about this giveaway or put it in your SIDEBAR. I will accept either method. Please leave a link in your comment where you did this. ONE ENTRY.
5. Put Makeup and Entropy on your BLOGROLL. Please leave a link where you did this. ONE ENTRY.
That’s it! You have a possible total of 5 entries with this one!
PLEASE PUT ALL OF YOUR ENTRIES INTO ONE COMMENT. Thank you!
This contest will end on Friday, 10/8/2010 at 11:59 PM EST and I will not accept any entries after that.
Thanks for sticking w/ me and good luck!
*10/7/2010 Edit: Sorry, I’m an idiot guys. For rule #1 I meant you must subscribe to my blog. *sigh*